Powered by Blogger.

The Love of my Life



I have been lavished with love and attention from a Man who I can confidently say will never change in His affections towards me..

He is kind. ..and His kindness is what leads me continually to my knees in repentance. Understanding and knowing that He has words for me of compassion and He acts towards me with good intentions of drawing me into a closer relationship with Him. He has shown His kindness to me in many ways but the one way that will forever glue this relationship together was His act of self sacrafice.."Death on the cross." He did this for me, so that I wouldn't have to experience the anguish of eternal separation in hell apart from Him.
"Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?" (Romans 2:4)

He is gentle ..His prodding me on to do good works never comes with harshness or criticism. When He corrects me it is with a hand held ever so softly in guidance to lead me in the right path and encouraging me with the reminder that He's not done with me yet. He will continue the regenerative process until He takes me to His home in heaven.

He is humble..never speaking with vanities nor drawing attention to Himself apart from His Father.
He is not arrogant or boastful, no guile or insults come from His mouth. I have seen Him touch the leper and draw close to the harlot without a flinch of self protection.
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. (Matthew 11:29)

He is a servant ...He has exhibited this by the removal of filth, not just from my feet, but by cleansing me body, soul and spirit. He carries my burdens. He is always there to hold me up when I think I am at my whits end. If I come close to stumbling He is there to catch me so I am not hurled to the ground.
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." (Mark 10:45)
"The steps of a man are established by the LORD, And He delights in his way.
When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand." (Psalm 37:23-24)

He is near ..I never experience the kind of inward loneliness that I felt before I knew Him. I may at times feel isolated as if on a desert island, but when He whispers to me in the wind I feel His presence. He blows fragrant scents of rose and lavender my way and I know He is near. And He shows me His majestic Glory in the heavens above as I lay under the stars wrapped in a blanket of His warmth. He is so real I feel as if I can touch Him.

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)

"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." (Romans 1:20)

He sings love songs to me .. and in turn has taught me a new song..through His Word I have found the lyrics to praise and extol Him where in my inadequacies my words fail.
"He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear And will trust in the LORD." (Psalm 40:3)

He is full of truth ..I know what He says will always be true and reliable. He will never misguide me with His words, but His Word will lead me to the way everlasting.

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." (John 14:6)

"He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom's voice. So this joy of mine has been made full. (John 3:29)



No comments