Powered by Blogger.

Torrents

Rain through my window by Laurie Vengoechea ©

"Give ear, O heavens, and let Me speak; and let the earth hear the words of My mouth. Let My teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, as the droplets on the fresh grass and as the showers on the herb. (Deuteronomy 32:1-2)

Waking up yesterday morning to the sounds of rap tap tap on my windowpane is always a pleasant sound for me, where the truth of the saying, it never rains in California.. it pours, was never closer to the truth as it was for me all day Friday. It was a constant drop of rain with a good dowsing of water! How refreshing it was!

The local hills dried out by the extreme temperatures of last summer definitely needed a good watering.. but for me it felt like an invitation from my Heavenly Father, asking me to sit in His presence and soak up all He would speak to me in His word. Not just a trickle or a seasonal splash of water that gets evaporated quickly by the heat of trials and fiery attacks, but torrents of living water that can only come by being drenched with bucketfuls of wisdom and truth spoken into my spirit by the God breathed words of our Lord and Savior. An overflow in abundance that produces refreshment, renewing and growth!

I love this kind of soaking, whether it come daily by delighting yourself in the Psalms and Proverbs, reading the law and the prophets, gospels of Christ and the epistles, or deep study by way of inductive bible teaching.. “daily is the key!” And then there is the run off, be prepared for the overflow.. the influence of your drenching that reaches to those around who will also be blessed and encouraged to seek the Word of God! It's a good thing! xo

May you be filled abundantly with living waters as you seek first God’s kingdom through the reading of His Word!

No comments